Monday, March 7, 2016

Music Monday With True Love

  It isn't very often than a song comes out that just screams 100 % pure emotion that just kicks you right in the feels. Over the last week I've heard a new song that rivals some of the best old soul songs. Being a romance writer, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this great love song. As a child growing up in the south I learned about love and loyalty by watching family. I've shared my maternal grandparent's love story before, but it bares repeating. My Grandpa Adrian died in 1974 and I'm sure many people figured my Grammie Lettie would remarry as she was still young and a lovely southern lady, but she never did. Their love was so deep and faithful Grammie waited for Grandpa to come back and get her in 2000 when she passed away even telling us how happy she was to go home with him to heaven. 



  That is true love. And, yes honestly my family is split in half. There are a few who can never find their one true soul mate, while the other half of us share each blessed day with ours. My soul mate I met when I was 15 years old. We were friends for 2 years then started dating when I was 17 back in 1997. Today we are still together and going strong. We've been blessed with 3 beautiful children (one being of the ferret fur baby variety). I'm so lucky and I know there would be no me without him any more.  

  So, today's song has a special place in my heart. If I was to die today I would go a happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment